Sunday, March 12, 2017

Designer of the Day Andrea Beacroft

n Celebrating the Birthday of Color it Create it Show it off,  We are also celebrating our fabulous Designers. So periodically throughout the month a designer will be featured on the blog so come and check out their workI f you are looking for our Challenge you can find it here

Our Designer being featured today is
our lovely and talented 
Andrea Beacroft



Hello I am Andrea from New Zealand

 I live in a small country town on the West Coast of the South Island of New Zealand - called Hokitika, we are a small town of 4,000 people.
I have lived here in Hokitika for 50 years. I was born in Melbourne Australia where I grew up and went to school, coming to New Zealand in 1964 on a working holiday where I met my husband married in Melbourne and came to live in New Zealand.

I have 2 adult children and 4 grandchildren.
I retired from work 3 years ago from the health sector where I worked for our local Health Board for 32 years. I was in the administration area mainly reception.

Over my adult years I have done lots of different crafts, but hand embroidery just stood out for me, and over the last 10 years silk ribbon embroidery come to the fore and also in that time I purchased a computerised embroidery sewing machine and just love using my machine to decorate just about anything.


At the time of my retirement 2013 from work I started to make greeting cards and I haven't looked back. I took a class on how to colour with alcohol markers where I learnt to shade and blend colours.  I just love trying different mediums such as markers, pencils, crayon and chalks I play with them all from time to time.
I love to push my boundaries with my crafting and love to be challenged into making something new all the time..

 I love finding different projects like folded and box cards to make, and from time to  time I will adding some ribbon embroidery and machine embroidery to my cards. It's rather neat to combined the 3 most special crafts I love together.


You can check out my work on my blog here at Andrea's Work

Here are some of the lovely projects by Andrea

This is the one she did for our Birthday Bash


Here are a few others of Andrea's work while a DT Member of My Besties

No automatic alt text available.















4 comments:

  1. Great getting to know you Andrea!
    Wonderful to see a collection of your creations too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tracy for your lovely comments big hugs to you Andrea

      Delete
  2. Absolutely beautiful work, Andrea.

    ReplyDelete